health conditions


Question by  Goog (46)

What should I do if my right foot & ankle are swollen?

I don't know what I did to them.


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

If you also have pain, you might have gout. You should definately see a doctor because gout can be successfully treated. You might also have arthritis or some other joint disease. If they stay swollen for any length of time you need medical treatment. Ice or heat may help bring the swelling down.


Answer by  juanita57 (1374)

If your right foot and ankle are swollen and you don't know if you have hurt or damaged them in any way, first put an ice pack on them. This should help with the swelling. If after a day or so this don't help I would go to the doctor.


Answer by  prissymissy (1895)

Take some Advil to help with the inflammation and pain. You should also ice the area. Apply an ice pack for 15 minutes at a time.


Answer by  arthi (336)

you could have hurt your foot and ankle without your knowledge. these type of injuries are common among people. or this could be due water retention also called as edema in medical terms. you can consider taking barley water which is normally affective in reducing sweelling if it is due to water otherwise better consult doctor

You have 50 words left!