real estate


Question by  archaeocat (21)

What should I do if my neighbor next door wants to put one foot of his driveway on my land?


Answer by  blahblah (670)

First, decide if that is OK with you. Then talk to an attorney about giving your neighbor an easement to use that portion of your property.


Answer by  davidsmith4deltaedu (338)

Talk with your neighbor, if your against it, he can't legally do it. One foot isn't bad, if you give him trouble, he may give you trouble later on.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

This is not recommended. If he does this, he can argue that the property line is actually one foot over, thus infringing on your property. It can also make installation of a fence on the real property line impossible. He should make his driveway 12 inches shorter or move his plan a foot over.


Answer by  Devin98 (487)

This is something I would never suggest without the proper paperwork as in a right-of-way or deed this part of the land to him all together.


Answer by  hecarlso (196)

You should talk to a lawyer you could be responsible if he gets hurt on your land. You could also sell or lease your neighbor the land.

You have 50 words left!