Question by  Annette (18)

What can I do about a cracked baby tooth in a 2 year old?

Should I leave it alone or go to a dentist?


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

First I would go to the dentist and see if there is any other damage that you cannot see. He will probably tell you to leave it alone and let it fall out and his new tooth comes in. He might have done damage to the root or the gum area so check with the dentist.


Answer by  Rose (6804)

Anytime a child has an injury to their mouth you should see a dentist and make sure that an infection has not developed or that he or she will not lose their tooth.


Answer by  Mar (428)

A cracked tooth should be examined by a dentist to make certain there is no damage to the underlying jaw or gum line as well as making certain infection may not become a problem. It does not matter that the tooth itself is damaged as it was be replaced in the upcoming several years but other damages must be addressed.


Answer by  SubhashChander (1773)

It is but natural if the tooth of the two year baby has cracked. The tooth will again grow after some time.

You have 50 words left!