dental care


Question by  pbob (19)

What is involved in restoring tooth enamel?

I grind my teeth at night, as a result my enamel is starting to ware, can I fix it?


Answer by  Sticky (363)

It depends how bad the wear is. Restorations like fillings or crowning might work but doesn't address your grinding. You need a splint - ask your dentist


Answer by  amber33 (1941)

I have the same problem, there is nothing that you can do to get the tooth enamel back. The only thing you can do to the tooth is get crowns put on them. To stop the ware on your teeth you can get a night guard, you wear it at night and will not loose any more enamel.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well if you are grinding your teeth and your enamel is starting to wear out, then you need to use sensodyne for quick recovery.


Answer by  Whippetlover200 (150)

You cannot restore the lost enamel but you can strengthen the enamel that you still have by using fluoride. You can get fluoride treatments from your dentist every six months. The dentist can also prescribe a professional grade fluoride mouthrinse to use before bedtime. To stop the wear, your dentist can make you a guard to wear at night.


Answer by  ally12 (40)

Treatment depends on the severity of the damage.for moderate case with out effect on appearance, fluoride treatments and de-sensitizing toothpastes may be recommended.And mouth guard to wear while asleep.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Enamel does not grow back like skin and soft tissues. Use of high calcium and fluoride toothpaste reduces the risk of cavities while helping with re-mineralization on the surface. However, grinding your teeth wears away more than these treatments will fix. Get a "Night guard" to protect the teeth from each other when you grind at night.

You have 50 words left!