Question by  akennon (32)

What financial support is out there for a disabled child?


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Social security disability income is available for disabled individuals after age 18 and for their caregivers before they reach age 18. There are state and federal grants for educational resources, rehabilitation, and job training. Medicaid will cover their medical costs, from doctor visits to psychiatric help to dental care. If uncertain how to access these resources, contact social services.


Answer by  Brittney (1095)

You can go to your local social security office and check on SSI. This is a monthly check that is given to individuals with disabilities that do not have work credits. Given that a child is too young to work they qualify. They will go through your childs medical history and take your income into consideration.


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

First you need to get a social worker. She will tell you what you can get for the disabled child. Usually this is found in the department of Family Services.


Answer by  liblue (683)

A child can collect on a parent's social security if the child is disabled. Special education will be available for the child until he is in his twenties. Depending on the diagnosis there may be organizations who will provide help for a specific disease. Local physicians can offer services for free when necessary.

You have 50 words left!