dental care


Question by  swiechec (20)

What do you recommend for extreme pain in gums?

My gums are full of pain.


Answer by  whobesidesme (406)

I'd highly recommend a visit to the dentist. He'll probably tell you that you need to floss more. You may need a root canal. Hopefully it's not advanced gum disease.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

Floss, Floss, and Floss some more. Flossing is the best way to make your gums get back to being healthy again. Also, you can use a waterpick to help with the cleaning.


Answer by  jane51 (287)

Consult your dentist, if there are not contraindications you can use antiinflammatory medications availabe over the counter topically you can ice or warm salt water rinses a few times a day


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

First off I recommend scheduling an immediate appointment at your Dentists Office. Tell them about your severe gum pain and you will get in sooner. Next I suggest picking up some Oragel and rubbing it on your gums. It will temporarily numb the area for a little while. You will have to keep applying it as needed.


Answer by  Riley (765)

Your gums have extreme pain because you probably have gum disease. You need to see a dentist. He might send you to a gum specialist called a periodontist.

You have 50 words left!