Question by  HKitten (39)

What do you do if your daughter has a mental handicap?

Is there a program or something?


Answer by  Zoe (2369)

It really depends on the type of mental handicap. Find a school that has a good special ed program and possibly find a child psychologist who can help you to figure out good ways to establish boundaries and teach her lessons while working with her handicap. It's great that you're working to take care of her as well as possible.


Answer by  bumblebee (313)

There are many agencies that provide support and programs to people with disabilities.You can find out what programs are available by utilizing your phone book or google search.


Answer by  raja86 (86)

Contact your local DSS office. They can assist you with determining if she qualifies for support. The types of programs available will be determined by her specific type of disability.

You have 50 words left!