Question by  eagle22 (11)

What do you do for dysgraphia in children?


Answer by  CindyCroft (55)

First and foremost, children with dysgraphia need to be on an Individual Education Plan (IEP) under federal education law or a 504 Plan so that their learning needs in school will be addressed by specialists. Modifications can be made to the curricular content so children can learn effectively.


Answer by  CarolynOsborne (2804)

Work on legibility in hand writing whether print or cursive--whatever is most successful for the child. Don't frustrate the child--use technology (Dragon Speaking Naturally) so the child can dictate school papers instead of having to write them out laboriously. Be patient and encouraging--it is not the child's fault.

You have 50 words left!