dental care


Question by  AimeyBakes (16)

What do you do about sensitive teeth?

Mine are sensitive to heat, cold and sweets.


Answer by  amber33 (1941)

There is a special toothpaste called sensidine that you can buy at your local grocery store. You use it just like regular toothpaste and it works good.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Sensitive teeth can indicate a cavity. However some people just have sensitive teeth in general. There is a special tooth paste you can use to help cut down on sensitivity.


Answer by  monkeyz (3150)

If you're sensitive to sweet, heat, and cold, you need to see a dentist as soon as possible. Your problem could be severely worn enamel, but it could require serious treatment, such as a root canal. You could also try a toothpaste that strengthens enamel.


Answer by  pagan23 (1342)

Many brands of toothpaste sell toothpaste that is specifically designed for people with sensitive teeth. I know people who have used it with success. If you still have problems after using the special toothpaste you may have a different problem. You should go talk to a dentist about it if that's the case.


Answer by  Sticky (363)

Sensitivity, especially to sweet, can be an indicator of a cavity. I'd also ask your dentist about periodontal disease. This is where the roots of the teeth become exposed - creating greater sensitivity.

You have 50 words left!