Question by  bioone (24)

If I have recently been deemed permanently disabled, can I take my 401k investment with my employer?


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Yes, if disabled you can seek distributions from a 401K retirement plan. You can also tap any IRAs (whether Roth or conventional IRAs) and any 403B plans. However, you may want to talk to a financial adviser so you do not use up the funds.


Answer by  liblue (683)

There are some hardship rules that you can apply and get your 401k. This may or may not affect any penalty you have to pay or taxes. Your medical bills might offset your taxes so you won't have to pay as much.

You have 50 words left!